Vacancy opportunity at the Operations Division – Engineering & Maintenance Team
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Lomé (Togo) (In Country Only) PSG: 3-5
Title: Mechanical Technician
Reports to: Supervisor, Mechanical Technician
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implementation of Company HES and Security Policies to ensure Safe Work Environment
-Act on own initiative to identify and correct workplace hazards, unsafe practices, security violations or
-Respond appropriately to station and line leaks or other emergency situations and assist other team members in conducting hypothetical drills;
-Perform safety duties such as fire-watch and safety monitor.
– Work with other team members or contractors in performing daily operations and maintenance work processes;
– Know company, industry, agency and government codes, practices, regulations and standards and report nonconformance to Supervisor;
– Read, collect, and properly record machinery inspection data as required;
– Carry out or participate in the inspection, performance, and documentation of facilities compliance checks, and close out assigned actions;
– Use drawings, manuals, internet, and other technical references to troubleshoot and perform any required calculations in the performance of daily work activities;
– Use basic technical principles to determine the cause of pipeline system equipment problems and make any required repairs or arrange for additional diagnostic and/or repair support;
– Consult with relevant teams or external support to perform routine trouble shooting and maintenance repairs and serve as a resource to management and other teams by providing information and input concerning rotating equipment.
-Perform routine Mechanical troubleshooting and maintenance repairs on assigned pipeline segment equipment and facilities such as turbines, compressors, generators, gas-fired heaters, valves, water treatment system etc.;
-Assist Third parties in the performance of mechanical activities and work with them to resolve any issues;
-Visually inspect the condition of equipment and pipelines to ensure that equipment is running within design limits and is properly maintained;
– Perform, or direct the activities of a variety of skilled and semi-skilled Mechanical work including installing, disassembling/assembling, inspecting, repairing, and replacing defective parts on a variety of equipment and facilities;
– As and when assigned, act as contract and quality assurance compliance inspector for the company equipment procurement and repairs in accordance with stipulated contract documents;
-Draft maintenance procedures from equipment manuals for Supervisor’s review;
– Assists with minor repairs to pipelines and pipeline equipment including simple mechanical, and instrument repairs;
-Participate in team meetings, work planning, scheduling, and time management and in the standardization and improvement of team activities and work processes.
Teamwork & Supporting Others
-Raise requisition in Maximo and use materials and services needed for daily work;
-Participate in quality teams at the site team and regional levels to improve and standardize work processes;
-Perform basic preventive and/or corrective maintenance activities as generated from the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or as directed;
-Assist in the provision of on-the job training for newly recruited personnel;
-Assist with the implementation of the business plan at the site team level.
– Develop scope of work on technical facility project;
-Supervise assigned projects to assure quality delivery;
-Investigate equipment failures and implement process improvement recommendations.
Key competencies required (including formal qualifications)
Educational and Working Experience
Degree in Mechanical Engineering equivalent to the BT, BTS, DUT, or license in mechanical engineering, with a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in a related industry.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants should send their applications and resumes in English (letter of application, CV, training certificate, degree), to the following email address: email@example.com not later than July 31th, 2021.
NOTE: Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted. (In Country Only, Togo)